יום ראשון, 20 במרץ 2011

Delivering Happiness - End Game

First of all, I would like to say that I really enjoyed reading this episode of Tony's book.
It made me think about the reasons for my actions and choices in life. In addition, it made me wonder whether my choices and the things I thought made me happy really had that effect and whether it was a short or long lasting one.

The concept I felt most connected to was Perceived Progress. I think we could improve our course experience by defining more precise goals & guidelines for our progress in our selected project. For example, the teaching team could define different milestones regarding the content of the project website.

Have a happy week,

Meytal

2 תגובות:

Leonid Tsytrinbaum אמר/ה...

I'll post my blog entry here guys - we have too many new ones as it is :)

I agree with Meytal, this chapter was a nice breath of fresh air as opposed to any other article I've read lately - I liked its flow. It's just one of these articles that makes you think about the simplest things in life and really gives you a different, broad perspective of something you thought was pretty plain and obvious.

As far as the concepts presented in the chapter go, I have to say that this course is one of the only courses I've taken so far that really takes these concepts into account and it is my believe that it's actually built around them. Therefore, there isn't much to change apart from small cosmetic changes offered here on the blog by Meytal, Teddy and others.
I think that the main difference compared to other courses is in the concept of Vision & Meaning. Due to the fact that our course is a social one, we are not only interested in profit making & personal benefits while participating in the course. We are encouraged to thing about a higher goal, and to contribute something to the society we live in. I believe that this concept is what makes our course different and more meaningful than others.

Tuvya אמר/ה...

I had the same idea as Meital about perceived progress.

I think that the small steps are the foundations for a large journey. if there is recognition (and reward) along the way,

the course is no longer about the destination but rather the journey.

Ii think for this course and life in general this is one of the most important 'mantras' to remember.